Happy Litha, everyone!
In case you've never heard of it, Litha is one of the Pagans' and Wiccans' Sabbats to celebrate the midsummer solstice. It is celebrated on June 22nd, where the day is longer than usual, making it the perfect day to celebrate the power of the Sun God. On this day, witches celebrate the festival by performing various rituals to honor the sun, such as bonfire festival, barbecue, or just sunbathing to enjoy the sun’s warm, masculine, energy.
Well, I think I’m going to celebrate it by going to the beach today while enjoying my homemade brewed Magical Honey Lavender Lemonade. I accidentally stumbled across this recipe from FitFoodieFinds while I was browsing through Pinterest, and this sounds just perfect (and so so so simple) for the lazy me to start the rest of my day. I may have tweaked it with a little bit of magical touch, but nevertheless, you can still drink the brew anytime you wish.
Here you go!
Lavender-Infused Honey Syrup
1/2 cup of mineral water
1/2 cup of honey (I use Acacia Honey because the floral flavor blends well with the brew)
1 tablespoon dried lavender (I’m using the lavender flower tea by Hanayo Tea since it's difficult to find any lavender plants here)
Honey Lavender Lemonade Spell
"May this brew brings me the renewal I need
Or the clarity to walk my path despite my misdeed
May my wishes manifest on this special Sabbat
With no harm done to anything or anyone
By the powers of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth
May my journey be pure and prosper henceforth
So mote it be!"
Honey Lavender Lemonade recipe (for one serving)
3/4 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of mineral water
3/4 cup lavender-infused honey syrup
Sugar (if necessary)
How to make this:
First, start by making the Lavender-Infused Honey Syrup as your base
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and boil them.
- Once boiling, simmer it for 5 minutes.
- Stir it while reciting the spell until the honey is mixed well with the water. Don’t forget to visualize your wish while doing the sequence. Litha is a great day to wish for renewal, purification, empowerment, or prosperity. Time to tap into that solar energy, witches!
- Place it in a container (I use a recycled jam jar for this) and store it into a fridge for overnight (at least 8 hours).
- You can strain the lavender before serving. Or not, because I love eating them hehe.
Once you’re done, you can use the syrup to make a few servings of the Honey Lavender Lemonade
- Place all the ingredients, along with the syrup, into a cup or a pitcher, and mix it.
- You can add sugar if necessary. Sugar helps to enhance your brew’s power.
- Add some ice and drink it while enjoying the sun.
- You can also leave out a small amount of the lemonade as an offering to the Sun God – or any gods that you’ve been working with.
Hope you have a great Litha! And don't forget to tell me how your lemonade goes! Mine is purrrfect. Hohoho. Do you have any other recipe or ways to celebrate Litha that you can share with me? Leave it in the comments below! ☺️🌞
Hello, I'm Canti!
I am a tarot reader and an eclectic witch living in Bali, providing online tarot reading and blessing service for the mindful soul-searchers. Contact me at www.foxglovetarot.com to book a private counseling session with me.